This project is the outcome of iWeb’s client briefing during an assessment of my second year Computer Science degree for the module Commercial Computing – surrounding the activities and techniques involved with group development to fit a set brief and timescale.
At the start of this project the team and I interfaced with the company to decide on their exact requirements and expectations in terms of both functionality as well as time scale. Once we had a base idea of what they company would like, we came up with some designs and prototypes. You can see these initial designs below:
From this, we met with the company again to gain feedback on these designs, as well as gain any further information that we deemed would be necessary for the development cycle of the project. After this meeting, Sam (UI and Frontend) created a mock-up prototype with the feedback taken into consideration for the company to sign-off before we started development on the product. You can see this design below:
As a team we decided that it would be best to play to our strengths, so Sam took frontend and I took backend, as well as using the PHP Laravel Framework, and Tailwind CSS as we had experience in these frameworks, which was necessary for us to be able to develop this project in 8 just weeks.
To aid in this short and fast-paced development cycle, we used tools such as Trello and GitHub, to allow us to all be able to contribute effectively whilst also maintaining communication and effective planning and execution of problems and tasks as they arose.
Throughout the development lifecycle, we kept in contact with the company, as well as a supervisor, to ensure that we were along the right lines of what was wanted, as well as making any changes that the company wanted, or new features that they hadn’t expected of us from the initial briefing. You can see the finished site below:
You can also view the site here.
In the end this project scored 96%, which is in no small part to the great team that we had, our attitudes to succeed and the love and passion we had both for the project, as well as the desire to create in general.
The team for this project were: